DAC-040 Vacuum Tube Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Another ideal companion to the CF-080LS Line Stage Preamp. Based on an acclaimed Philips multi-bit processor, and with a vacuum tube buffer stage, extracts every bit of information from standard CD’s, without relying on any kind of up-sampling, over-sampling, etc. and raises expectations for red book audio CD’s to a new level. Advances the state-of-the-art of CD reproduction, just as we celebrate the 25 years since introduction of CD Audio. Access to vacuum tubes from outside rear panel encouraging tube rolling.
- Inputs: 1-S/PDIF Co-Ax Inputs (RCA), 75ohm
- Output: 1-Pair single ended (RCA)
- D/A Converter: Dual Philips Multi Bit DAC
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Tube Complement: 12AU7 (2) for gain (tube-swapping possible) 6CA4 (1) for rectification
- Phase: Polarity Non Inverting
- Power Reqiremants: (100VAC / 50~60Hz), 110-120VAC / 60Hz, (220-230VAC / 50Hz), (240VAC / 50Hz)
- Dimensions: 450mm (W) X 100mm (H) X 310mm (D)
- Net Weight: 6.5KG
- Price: Please ask a dealer
"The Concert Fidelity DAC-040 tube digital to analog converter is in constant use in my studio now. The unit arrived fully broken in and from the first note, I could hear my digital playback open up, bloom and sound so glorious that I spent the afternoon just listening to all of my favorite old compact discs in my studio instead of getting any work done. I highly recommend the Concert Fidelity DAC-040 to anyone who wants to radically improve their digital playback!"
Steve Hoffman, Mastering Icon / www.stevehoffman.tv